Monday, February 26, 2007

The Apartment Experience... So Far

I've had my offer accepted on a cute little one bedroom on 88th and West End Avenue. I'm such a sucker for the Upper West Side, it's just so beautiful and quiet.

Finding an apartment is a weird process. And while I was lucky to have a knowledgeable agent to guide me through the process, it's still a strange market. And I'm not even close to being done with this home ownership journey.

For one, I have to get approved by the coop board. It's this unique twist on NYC real estate, that not only do apartments in Manhattan cost you a pretty penny, you have to be able to afford twice your apartment's value to buy a coop.

It's a bit silly, really, that I'm sprucing up my finances (and my resume) so my future neighbors will accept me into their little club. But such is life.

If this doesn't work, by the way, I'm springing for a condo.

No comments: