Sunday, January 21, 2007


Hillary Clinton is running for president. Okay, so I'm a woman, and I appreciate what it would mean should Clinton win. I'm also willing to say, I think she'd make a fine president - perhaps loosed of the shackles of ruthless ambition, she can actually become who she was when she first came onto the national political scene.

So why do I support Barack in these early campaign days? It's not that I don't think Hillary would win - I just don't think she can inspire. Much like Al Gore found his inspirational voice after his reformation into a green activist, I don't think this is the role that Hillary Clinton can inspire the masses (or even part of the masses) in. Barack Obama, on the other hand, so far appears to shine on the national stage. He seems reasonable, smart, and most importantly a breath of the proverbial fresh air.

Either way, there are some serious heavy hitters in the Democratic field, so this should be a fun 93 weeks.

No comments: