Monday, January 29, 2007

In Odd News

I know it's been a while, but I'm a lazy bucket of pudge, I am.

Have you ever sat in the middle of a phonebanking session and had the unsuppressable urge to say inappropriate things to the strangers whose dinner you're interrupting?

Of course not. Because you, unlike me, probably have the good sense to go home to your warm house and welcoming family after a tiring day at work.

And you probably never talk to strangers. Especially during dinner.

It's a crazy thing what politics will do to a girl. Look, only a very few people actually want the job of being tele-marketer. It's thankless, you get hung up on, or worse, are forced to hear about Mr. Bennett's gout, etc. etc. And after one horrific experience, you have to pick up the phone, and just ask for another. Do you ever wonder how many tele-marketers walk up to whatever executive sits closest to their office half way through a terrible day and flick them off?

I hope it's a lot, because I was phone banking. For free! As in, I got paid zero for giving up my evening to call strangers, yes, over dinner. (I did get a couple slices of fairly decent pizza, however) And it either takes a masochistic person, or one with a lot of patience and fortitude (in short- not me).

In the middle of the phone banking session, when I was sitting there listen to Mr. Ardent Republican from Indiana talk about why the Crazy Left is ruining this Great Country with their quest for freedom ("Why can Muslims still wear head-scarves? Why!? How can I be expected to feel safe when little brown girls are allowed to wear head scarves to my son's headstart class?") I responded "*&(@#*$ you and your (*&@#$ (*&@#$ (*&@#$@." He of course immediately recognized that Democrats had the balls to call him out on his *@&^#$, and promised me his vote.

Actually, that didn't happen. But, I've been hung up on too many times to care.

No comments: